Based in Chicago, Illinois USA
September 22nd, 2016
Press / Business Contact:
As a rookie musher, foster a dogsledding team whose skills will grow if they're treated right. Week by week, get to know your dogs' unique traits, and carve your story into the trails of the Mount St. Something region.
Dog Sled Saga has a pick-up-and-play dogsled racing. Each dog's speed is hindered by hunger. Lob a limited supply of food to them to keep at full speed. Hazards on the track await.
By the time you reach the top league, you’ll need to:
- Budget monthly league expenses
- Hire and fire dogs
- Leverage fame to earn sponsorship deals
- Bring on employees for multitasking
- Breed puppies
- Pick-up-and-play racing
- Deep team management simulation
- Unique dogs with varying attributes and conditions
- True pixel-grid art style with frame-by-frame animation
Dog Sled Saga is the debut collaboration between creators Dan FitzGerald and Lisa Bromiel. On December 8th, 2012, Dan sparked the idea for a dogsledding game that captures the feeling of managing units in tactics games, but with an animal teammates and touch-friendly action gameplay. Lisa jumped on board from day one to realize its visuals.
Three and a half years of development have seen a quickly funded Kickstarter campaign in 2013, a well received Steam Early Access release, 3 times showing at PAX, and a recent string of major updates pushing towards the emergent role-playing game it was envisioned to become. The full release includes the full Steam launch, the long awaited iOS and Android ports of the game, plus overarching story moments, a breeding system, and a final wave of polish.
Dog Sled Saga Gameplay Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Trichotomy, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Kickstarter Project of the Day" - Apr 30 2013
- "PAX East 2014 Indie MINIBOOTH" - April 2014
- "PAX East 2015 Indie MINIBOOTH" - March 2015
- "PAX West 2016 Indie MINIBOOTH" - September 2016
- "Google Play Indie Games Festival Selection" - September 2016
- "Emergent narrative cues pop up that aim to pull you in, along with the attachment that forms with your pups, each of which has unique abilities, gear, and other distinctive features."
- Andrew Hayward, Joystiq
- "The game’s charming pixel art representations of the huskies are a delight, and I also like that the trainer looks like the original terminator – after he’s had an eye out – in cold weather gear."
- Shaun Green, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "As someone who has fond memories of Call of the Wild, a game about your relationship with a team of sled dogs had me intrigued, but when I saw the game was being demoed with an NES controller I knew I'd like it immediately."
- Jon Hood, Unique Drops
- "It’s a real thing, and we here at TechnoBuffalo have sort of fallen in love with it."
- Joey Davidson, TechnoBuffalo
- "The pixilated brainchild of Dan FitzGerald and Lisa Bromiel, Dog Sled Saga is a mix of racing, reputation building and pet management."
- Megan Farokhmanesh, Polygon
- "Even though the name is rather self explanatory, Dog Sled Saga offers a wealth of mechanics that cross multiple genres."
- John Lindvay, BigSushi.fm
Trichotomy allows for the contents of Dog Sled Saga to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Dog Sled Saga is legally & explicitly allowed by Trichotomy. This permission can be found in writing at http://dogsledsaga.com/presskit/#monetize.
Design lead, Programmer
Visual art lead